Enchant Puzzle

Any discussion related to EA.

Enchant Puzzle

Postby Iceaxe0410 » Tue May 15, 2012 4:43 pm

Just thought I'd start up a topic about the puzzle that still has not been solved after 9 years. Please remember to not post any pictures of the actual puzzle. It's just out of respect for those with the original puzzle in their possession. Plus, it can be considered copyrighted material. I don't discourage any of you from trying to solve the puzzle without the actual puzzle, but if you do, please do keep all pictures to yourselves and in private. This topic is mostly to talk about the puzzle and perhaps why it hasn't been solved yet.

For those that do not know what the Enchant puzzle is:

1. It was contained in the original release of the "Enchant" album back in 2003. Whoever solved it would win the raiments of the faerie queene.
2. There are four prizes: The ruff, the sceptre, the fan, and the wings.
3. There was a micro site connected to the Official EA website. Unfortunately, this micro site has been removed for a few years now. Fortunately, I did manage to view it before it went down. So, I can tell everyone what was contained on it:

a. The lyrics of all the Enchant songs (you can obtain this information on http://batteredrose.com )
b. It contained a small forum with messages (none of the messages were of particular importance. It wasn't used very extensively. It was mostly messages from fellow plague rats saying they were stumped. :P There were no hints given out by EA).
c. It contained two downloadable songs: What If (Electric Sheep Mix) and Juliet (Olde English Remix) (both can still be downloaded at http://batteredrose.com
d. It also contained two downloadable videos: Live Concert Medley which contained a few songs such as Star Spangled Banner, Rose Red, and Chambermaid (all instrumentals) She even had a live band: guitarist, drummer, and bassist. The second video was "Shalott" that was played in what looked like a bar. Both of these videos are still able to be downloaded on http://batteredrose.com

Current news about the Enchant puzzle:

1. No one has solved the puzzle yet according to EA (I asked about it at the Albuquerque show earlier this year back in late February 2012).
2. Another plague rat asked if the micro site was required to solve the puzzle. EA said no.
3. EA stated that the reason the puzzle hasn't been solved is because the solution is so simple (sigh...most solutions to puzzles are simple once you know it. So, this doesn't quite help except perhaps eliminate the more complicated methods).
Iceaxe0410
Knight of the Asylum Table

Re: Enchant Puzzle

Postby Teatime2012 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:50 pm

I never even heard of the Enchant puzzle. It sounds amazing! :D I kind of doubt I'd be able to even get my hands on the puzzle. How much does the enchant album w/puzzle go for?
Teatime2012
Rusty Steel Syringe

Postby Iceaxe0410 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:35 pm

well, that's actually kind of tough question. The first step is to find it for sale. Every so often it goes up on ebay. Once it does, I've seen it go anywhere between $200 to $700. For me personally, I got four copies ($600, $300, $200, $180). Before you ask, I kept two copies. One of the other ones was just a loan for a friend. I won the auction and loaned it to them. When they were finished, they sold it and gave me the money. The fourth copy, I actually don't remember the circumstances behind that one. I know it wasn't a normal reason. I eventually just sold it to another plague rat on the official forum. Maybe you know ladycyanide? She got that fourth copy from me.
Iceaxe0410

Postby Tanith Kamelot » Thu May 17, 2012 9:38 am

I really want to find this puzzle! I'll probably waste my life away trying to solve it though...
"Some people just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer."
Tanith Kamelot
Half a Sugar Cube

Postby Iveru » Sat May 19, 2012 12:02 pm

I'm terrible at puzzles, I'm probably going to be eternally stumped on it
Iveru
Scalpel

Postby MikaelaLynn » Sat May 19, 2012 1:48 pm

^what the mircosite looked like.
Image Image
MikaelaLynn
Gothic Lolita

Postby Draegn » Mon May 21, 2012 11:40 pm

The squirrel knows the answer...

it's buried with his nuts...

show him no mercy!

Though to be serious, if the puzzle is a treasure map, where would you go digging?
Draegn
Gothic Lolita

Postby MikaelaLynn » Tue May 22, 2012 12:39 am

Who knows? I'd assume it's in the Chicago or Malibu/LA area, but those aren't particularly small places. So... the beach, maybe, in CA? And maybe a park in Chicago? Fuck if I know.
Image Image
MikaelaLynn
Gothic Lolita

Postby Iceaxe0410 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:10 am

I would hazard to guess that the actual prizes are located in Chicago. If I'm not mistaken, it almost seemed like EA is keeping the prizes with her at her home or at least close by. I don't remember where I saw that. I think it was in one of the old journals or mentioned somewhere. She went to check if the prizes were still there or something and said they were.

I think you can pretty much rule out Malibu, CA. Also, considering that she has lived in Chicago for pretty much the past 10-11 years, I would guess it's someplace over there. Perhaps it is even being kept by a close friend.

The way I see it, there are only so many possibilities of how to obtain the prizes:

1. EA has it at her home and in order to get them you must solve the puzzle which leads to some form of contact with her.
2. A friend or confidant has the prizes and the puzzle will lead you to that person.
3. It's buried or hidden in a secret place. I'm a bit skeptical on this because of the size of the wings and bulk of the ruff. The sceptre and fan can be concealed somewhat easier, but I think the safest bet would be 1 or 2.
4. There is no prize. :P (I think most of us will agree this is the most unlikely one).

With 1 or 2, there's still so many methods it could be:

1. A physical location or address
2. A person
3. A website (such as the old Enchant microsite)
4. A phone number

Any one of these four is plausible or maybe even a combination of them.
Iceaxe0410

Postby Draegn » Thu May 24, 2012 12:19 pm

As of the infamous robbery, Emilie had stated in a chat that one of the first things she did was to make sure the prizes had not been stolen. They are at her home. One of the christmas videos shows her walking up stairs to an attic space where in very grainy image you can see the wings hanging on a wall.
Draegn
Gothic Lolita

Next

Return to EA Discussion